This article explains what Custom Fields are, how to request this feature and how to manage it.
What are Custom Fields? #
You can create custom data fields for each account that are specific to the user’s needs. Custom Fields allow you to store extra data about each location, such as the number of locations, the number of employees, or a Salesforce ID. This lets you manage and collect data internally, so none of it needs to be submitted to a directory or displayed on a map.
How to request Custom Fields? #
In order to get access to the feature, please contact our Support team. They are happy to assist in the setup. Please define before contacting our Support which Custom Fields should be added to which account of yours.
How to manage Custom Fields? #
- Custom fields are for customer internal purposes only and not published anywhere
- Unlimited fields can be defined
- The name of the fields can contain only alphanumeric characters (though “-” and “_” are also allowed)
- The value inside each field can be anything – a number, text, or even a JSON string
- The name should be different than the business/location names, e.g. custom field such as “street” or “name” cannot exist
Edit Custom Fields #
Via the platform
Custom Fields defined per account will be available for each location within the respected account:
Each Custom Field will create an additional column in the export Excel file.